Appearance & Form
Solid – White solid that is powder in appearance and holds no distinguishing odour.
Solution – A colourless or clear liquid solution with no distinguishing odour
Airedale Chemical Sodium Bicarbonate holds the formula NaHCO3. It is among the food additives encoded by European Union with E number E 500. As a widely known salt it is also known in solid form as baking soda, bread soda, cooking soda and bicarbonate of soda.
Airedale Chemical Sodium Bicarbonate has a variety of uses within varying industries as follows:
- Used in a process for removing paint and corrosion
- Fire extinguisher – used to extinguish small grease or electrical fires by being thrown over the fire.
- Leavening agent referred to as “baking soda” is primarily used in cooking as a leavening agent.
- Sometimes used in cooking vegetables, to make them softer
- Medical uses mixed with water can be used as an antacid to treat acid indigestion and heartburn
- Bicarbonate of soda can also be useful in removing splinters from the skin.
- Toothpaste containing sodium bicarbonate has in several studies shown to have a better whitening and plaque removal effect than toothpastes without it.
- Used as an ingredient in some mouthwashes.
- In combination with other ingredients can be used to make a dry or wet deodorant
- May be used as a buffering agent combined with table salt
- In sports small amounts of Sodium Bicarbonate have been shown to be useful as a supplement for athletes in speed-based events significant increase in dietary sodium.
- As a cleaning agent – A paste from baking soda can be very effective when used in cleaning and scrubbing.
- Baking soda is commonly added to washing machines as a replacement for softener and to remove odours from clothes.
- As a biopesticide can be an effective way of controlling fungus growth
- Cattle feed supplement – sold as a cattle feed supplement