To demonstrate our commitment Airedale Chemical Holdings Group are now members of the United Nations Global Compact for Sustainable Development. Since joining we have launched the Airedale Foundation acting as our business divisions overall commitment to corporate social responsibility. The Airedale Foundation encompasses a variety of support strategy which includes:
- Human rights
- Workplace climate
- Child labour
- Community engagement
- Charitable projects
Please find our CSR Policy by clicking this link
Please find our Modern Slavery Statement 2018/19 by clicking this link
Community is at the heart of Airedale Chemical; our passion is to stay connected with our local residents, businesses and councils working with them for one common goal. in 2015 we launched our Community Connected Newsletter developed specifically for our surrounding communities providing residents with up to date news about business, possible changes to the site ultimately providing them with a sense of inclusion to what is a business in the heart of a close knit community.
To demonstrate our commitment to sustainability Airedale Chemical follow the principles outlined in the United Nations Global Compact for Sustainable Development
- We understand our environmental responsibilities as a chemical manufacturer and continue to implement ‘think green’ initiatives into our business including Ad Blue compatible transport fleet reducing carbon footprint impact.
- On-site effluent treatment plant ensures all waste water meets local water company consent limits for sewerage works
- To further reduce the Carbon Footprint to procure materials & services locally where possible or available
- Zero to landfill scheme implemented in 2015 which has resulted in all waste now being recycled as opposed to being sent to landfill. A Waste Management Policy has also been initiated to ensure the new waste procedures are understood by all employees.
- Waste reduction scheme – A project implemented to reduce all general waste disposed on site segregating and distributing recyclable material including cardboard, shrink wrap, polythene, milk bottles, plastic cartons and drinks tins to a dedicated recycling partner.
- Silver Award: Green Apple Award in 2015 – Zero to landfill project
- Gold Award: Zero Waste Awards 2016 – Zero to landfill project
- MRW Recycling Awards: Finalists 2016 – Waste reduction scheme
See some of our fantastic work in the below gallery