To demonstrate our commitment to sustainability Airedale Chemical follow the principles outlined in the United Nations Global Compact for Sustainable Development
- We understand our environmental responsibilities as a chemical manufacturer and continue to implement ‘think green’ initiatives into our business including Ad Blue compatible transport fleet reducing carbon footprint impact.
- On-site effluent treatment plant ensures all waste water meets local water company consent limits for sewerage works
- To further reduce the Carbon Footprint to procure materials & services locally where possible or available
- Zero to landfill scheme implemented in 2015 which has resulted in all waste now being recycled as opposed to being sent to landfill. A Waste Management Policy has also been initiated to ensure the new waste procedures are understood by all employees.
- Waste reduction scheme – A project implemented to reduce all general waste disposed on site segregating and distributing recyclable material including cardboard, shrink wrap, polythene, milk bottles, plastic cartons and drinks tins to a dedicated recycling partner.
- Silver Award: Green Apple Award in 2015 – Zero to landfill project
- Gold Award: Zero Waste Awards 2016 – Zero to landfill project
- MRW Recycling Awards: Finalists 2016 – Waste reduction scheme